The Ultimate Buyer’s Guide to Gaming Computer Desks
Why is Buying a Gaming Computer Desk Important?
When you really get into your games, you could be spending many hours sitting in front of your computer. This is why you need to make sure that you have a good gaming computer desk. After all, you want to be comfortable while you are gaming, and that isn’t going to happen if you are trying to play from the couch. You need the right setup that will give you the best gaming experience, and the most comfort. Being comfortable at the right desk is going to make your gaming a lot more fun as well because you aren’t going to be cramped and sore.
Your Health Could be at Risk
The longer you sit around playing video games without having a proper gaming setup, the more you are putting your heath at risk. For instance, if you are playing at a regular desk that isn’t built for computers, you could end up feeling a lot of pain in your back, neck, arms, and hands. When you have a good gaming desk, this is not something you have to worry about nearly as much because you will be sitting in an optimal position while gaming. One of the biggest health problems faced by gamers who aren’t using the proper gaming computer desk is carpal tunnel syndrome. This happens to many people who use computers for any reason for long lengths of time and aren’t using a proper computer desk. It is an extremely painful condition in the wrist, and in many cases surgery is necessary to correct the problem. This can be avoided in the first place simply by having a good gaming desk setup.
Why You Should Invest in a Good Gaming Desk
Obviously, the main reason to invest in a good gaming desk is your own comfort. But, there are several other reasons why this piece of furniture is a good investment, including:
- You have Space – If you have a lot of gaming gear, you will need a place to put it all. When you don’t have a good computer gaming desk, you end up with things all over the place, and nothing is where it should be for the best gaming experience. With a gaming desk, you know that it is built for gamers and that it will allow you to set up the best gaming center for you.
- You have the Advantage – When someone isn’t comfortable while they are playing their games, they tend to not play for as many hours as others who have a good setup do. Once you have your computer gaming desk, you will be more comfortable, and be able to play for longer periods of time. This is definitely going to give you the advantage over other players who are not using computer gaming desks. You will be more comfortable and therefore, have more focus on the game and not your own discomfort.
- Multiple Monitors – When you have a gaming desk, you have the space to set up multiple monitors. This is important when you are playing certain games, such as World of Warcraft because you have a better view of everything that is going on around you in the game.
Benefits of a Good Computer Gaming Desk
You will find that there are several benefits to buying a good computer gaming desk. Obviously, the greatest benefit is that it reduces the risk of a number of health issues, including carpal tunnel syndrome. You will be able to sit more comfortably, so you won’t end up with back problems due to poor posture. The right desk will allow you to sit comfortably and maintain good posture, so you can actually play for longer periods of time. There will also be less strain on your eyes because you will have your monitors directly in front of you. In addition to the many health benefits of having a computer gaming desk, there are many other benefits, including:
- Improve Your Game – Obviously, your ultimate goal is to be the best at the games you play, and in order to achieve this goal, you need the right equipment. This includes the right computer gaming desk. When you are able to sit comfortably and have everything you need within arm’s reach, you are going to be able to play better and faster.
- Multi-Tasking – When you are a serious gamer, you are using many different pieces of equipment. If that equipment is not in a proper setup on a computer gaming desk, you may not be able to access it quickly, and you will only be able to do one thing at a time. A gaming desk is set up in a way that you can access all of your gear in a heartbeat. You will know where each piece of gear is, and you will be able to enjoy multi-tasking because everything you need is within your reach.
- Space – How many times have you had to pause your game because you dropped something and have to pick it up? This isn’t going to be a problem once you have your gaming desk set up. This is because there is a place for everything, and everything will be in its place. You will be able to find anything you need quickly and easily, and you won’t end up knocking things over because they aren’t in the right place to begin with. In addition to having more space to work with, your desk will also take up less space in your home than your current setup, so you will be gaining and saving space at the same time.
What to Look for in a Good Computer Gaming Desk
At one time, buying a desk simply meant going to any furniture or department store and picking up a generic desk. These days, people are using desks for a lot more than studying and writing letters, and they need to have specific features for their desks. This is especially true of gamers. You need to know that your desk is going to accommodate all of your gaming needs. But, which desk is best for you? There are many different types of computer desks, and each have their own advantages for gamers. Here are some things to keep in mind when shopping for a new computer gaming desk.
- PC or Laptop – The first thing to consider is the type of computer that you are using. If you use a laptop, your desk will be a lot different than if you are using a PC. A PC desk is going to be larger because there is more gear being used. It will likely have an enclosed cabinet for your PC tower, as well as a slide-out tray for your keyboard and mouse, and other storage features. You won’t need these features if you use a laptop. A laptop desk usually has a sleeker design and often has features you won’t find in a PC desk, such as a built-in charging station for your mobile devices. There is usually a slide-out tray, but it is larger so it will fit your laptop.
- Assembly – You will have the option to buy a desk that has been assembled in the factory, or one that you assemble yourself. In many cases, desks that are factory-assembled are of a better quality than those that you assemble yourself. Also, you don’t have all the hassle of having to put the desk together. The downside of a pre-assembled desk is that it is going to cost you more money. A ready-to-assemble desk is going to be cheaper, easier to ship (making shipping cheaper as well), and it is easier to move around.
- Size – An important feature to look for in a computer gaming desk is the size. You need to make sure that it is going to hold all of your gaming gear, but also be small enough to fit into any space in your home, or even in a dorm room. If you are going to be multi-tasking but don’t have a lot of space, you may want to look into getting a U-shaped or L-shaped desk that can fit into a corner. Computer desks come in many different sizes and shapes, so it is important that you figure out exactly what you need, and how much space you have to work with.
- Ergonomics – This is something that is becoming more and more important to gamers. You want to make sure that you are going to be comfortable while you are gaming, so your desk should be ergonomically-designed. This is going to help to lessen your risk of developing a variety of health issues, including carpal tunnel syndrome, back and neck problems, and vision problems. Things to look for include slide-out keyboard trays, elevated monitor shelves, adjustable heights, and wire management.
If you are a serious gamer, you need a serious computer gaming desk. Don’t settle for cluttering up your coffee table with your gaming gear, or a cheap desk that isn’t going to be comfortable to sit at or accommodate all of your gear. Shop around, and find the desk that best suits your gaming needs, and then some.
How to Choose the Best Gaming Desk Design for You
Are you a serious gamer? If so, then you really need to have a serious computer gaming desk. Sure, there are all kinds of desks out there, but if you don’t have one that has been designed specifically for gaming, you are not going to have the absolute best gaming experience. When it comes to buying a computer gaming desk, there are many things to consider. Here we are going to discuss everything you need to know about buying a gaming desk, from your budget to types of gaming desks to what to look for in the best gaming desk for you.
The most important thing to consider when choosing a computer gaming desk is your budget. Gaming desks can range in price, from less than $100 to over $1,000, depending on the style, materials, construction, etc. No matter how serious of a gamer you are, your budget is going to ultimately determine the type of desk you are going to end up with. When considering your budget, there is a lot more to think about than just the desk you are going to get. You also need to keep in mind that you are likely going to want more gaming gear eventually, and you are going to also need money for that. Look for a desk that has all of the features you need, but is inexpensive enough to allow you to set money aside for other things.
Commonly Asked Questions about Buying Gaming Desks
Once upon a time, you could go to any store and buy a desk, and that desk would be good enough for your basic needs. This was before the age of computer gaming. Now, desks come in a variety of styles, sizes, and shapes, and people often have a lot of questions about which desk is going to be best for their particular gaming needs. Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about gaming computer desks that you should keep in mind when you are making your purchase.
- Should I get a computer desk or a laptop desk? – The first thing to consider is the type of computer that you are using. For instance, if you have a laptop, you aren’t going to need as large of a desk as you would if you are using a PC. A computer desk will have a storage cabinet for your CPU, a large surface for multiple monitors, a slide-out keyboard and mouse tray, storage (some of these desks come with storage hutches), and areas for cable management. A laptop desk is going to be smaller and often have a more open design. There will also be a slide-out tray, but it will be larger so it can accommodate your laptop. There will also likely be features that you won’t find in a PC desk, including charging stations for all of your mobile devices.
- Should I get a desk that is pre-assembled? – The assembly of your computer gaming desk is important. You can choose to buy one that has been assembled in the factory, or one that is ready-to-assemble. There are pros and cons for both types. For example, if you aren’t handy with tools or you don’t have time to assemble a desk, you may want to consider one that has been factory assembled. But, remember that this is going to be more expensive, and you may have trouble getting it through doors because of the size. But, it is ready to use, and you don’t have to fiddle around with anything. A factory-assembled desk is likely to be of a higher quality than one you assemble yourself, but it is also going to be much more expensive. A ready-to-assemble desk is more affordable in most cases, and it is going to be easier to ship (and less expensive) and easier to get into your home.
- How large should my computer gaming desk be? – The size of your computer gaming desk will ultimately depend on your needs and your gaming setup. For instance, if you want to use multiple monitors, you will need a desk that has a large surface area, or spaces for additional monitors. If you don’t have a lot of space, you need to make sure that the desk will accommodate your needs, while still being small enough to fit into a smaller space. If you don’t have a lot of space, you may want to look for a compact desk that has the features you need, but is small in stature.
- What do I need in order to be comfortable while gaming? – Since you are likely to be spending hours in front of your computer when you are gaming, you need to know that you are going to be comfortable. Today’s computer gaming desks are ergonomically designed to ensure that you can sit in total comfort, and not be at risk for various health issues, including carpal tunnel syndrome, and back and neck pain (not to mention vision problems). Things to look for include slide-out trays for your keyboard, mouse, or laptop, elevated monitor shelves, adjustable surface height, and an area for cable management.
Computer Gaming Desk Styles
You will also need to know a little bit about the various styles and shapes of computer gaming desks. You can choose from a standard desk, a corner desk, an L-shaped desk, a U-shaped desk, or an armoire/hutch style.
- Armoires – This is a great desk style for those who want a gaming desk that doesn’t actually look like a desk. For instance, if you are going to be using your gaming desk in a bedroom or living room, an armoire is going to provide you with everything you need, while being attractive enough to fit in with the rest of the room’s décor. When you aren’t using the desk, it can be closed and no one will be able to see all of your gaming gear.
- U-Shaped Desks – If you have a lot of space to work with and you like to spread things out, this is a shape that you should consider. Gamers who like to set up various zones for their gear can benefit from this desk shape because there is loads of space. This may not be the best option for someone who doesn’t have a lot of room in their home.
- L-Shaped Desks – Gamers who like to have a lot of working space, but don’t necessarily have a lot of actual space in their homes can benefit from an L-shaped computer gaming desk. The main drawback is that because of the shape, there aren’t a lot of places in a room where this type of desk can be set up.
- Corner Desks – Someone who has loads of space can work with any shape desk, but if you are limited on space, a corner desk may be your best option. It can fit into just about any room, and can be set up in any layout. The only drawback is that you are going to be staring at corner walls and your back will be to the door. But, you will have plenty of space for all of your gaming gear, including storage for your PC tower.
- Traditional Straight Desks – This is the most common type of computer gaming desk, and often the most versatile when it comes to placing it in a room. The biggest problem with this type of desk is that there isn’t a lot of surface space for multiple monitors, and there isn’t always a lot of storage space.
Features to Look For in Computer Gaming Desks
- When shopping for your new computer gaming desk, there are certain features that you should look at. Don’t just buy a desk because it looks good and is inexpensive. Take your time, shop around, and find the desk that is going to best suit your gaming needs. Here are some of the features you should be looking for.
- Pull-Out Surface – You can temporarily turn a rectangular desk into an L-shaped desk when you have one that has a pull-out surface.
- Compartments – Look for a desk that has various compartments, including one for your PC tower to keep it out of the way and free from dust.
- Cable Management – Your computer gaming desk should have holes for cord management, so you don’t end up with cables all over the place. Not only is this messy looking, it can also be dangerous.
- Drawers – The drawers should be placed so that they are easy for you to reach. If you are left-handed, you may want to make sure that the drawers are on the left side (not all desks have this option).
- Materials – Look for a gaming desk that is made from real wood rather than particle board. It may cost more, but it is going to hold up better over time.
- Assembly – Do you want a desk that is factory-assembled, or can you put it together yourself? A ready-to-assemble desk is less expensive, but you do have to factor in the time it takes to assemble it, as well as the quality of the materials.
When you are shopping for a computer gaming desk, there are going to be many things to consider. Keep the above tips in mind when you are shopping, and you will come home with a desk that is going to completely suit all of your gaming needs.
Top 4 Standard Computer Gaming Desk Reviews
1. Atlantic Gaming Desk, Black
When you need a computer gaming desk that will meet all of your gaming needs but not take up too much space, Atlantic’s Gaming Desk in black is a great option. It has plenty of space for organizing all of your gaming gear, but it is small in size so it can easily be used in any room. You can even have multiple monitors, thanks to the extra monitor shelf. This desk has an ultra-modern appearance, but it can easily be used with just about any décor because of its simplistic design. The base is made from black steel rod construction, and the desktop surface has a special PVC coating that will keep it looking great for many years to come.
Gamers love the fact that there are eight accessory attachments with this computer gaming desk so that you can use your laptop, have a flat screen television or monitor, store games, store game controllers, and even store a number of your mobile devices. There are also two stands for your audio speakers, and you will have the added convenience of a drink holder on the leg. This is ideal for ensuring that you don’t get too excited while playing and knock over a drink that is sitting on the desk surface.
In addition to having so many storage options, this computer gaming desk is also ergonomically designed. It offers a slide-out keyboard and mouse tray that allows you to sit in a comfortable position. This way, you can enjoy gaming for hours without risking your health (carpal tunnel syndrome, neck pain, etc.). This is a perfect desk for students in dorm rooms because it is easy to assemble and doesn’t take up too much space. It has all of the space needed for gaming (and studying occasionally), and your PC tower can easily fit underneath so it is out of the way.
2. Techni Mobili Complete Computer Workstation
If you are looking for a computer gaming desk that has a more traditional appearance but still meets all of your gaming needs, check out the Techni Mobili Complete Computer Workstation. Priced at under $200, this attractive gaming desk has a chocolate finish and plenty of storage space for all of your gaming gear. There are two regular drawers, as well as a drawer for file storage, and the CPU storage area has an additional shelf. This desk is ergonomically designed, with a slide-out keyboard and mouse tray, and there is even storage under the desktop surface where you can store games, books, and even your mobile devices.
This is a sturdy gaming desk, made of composite material that is a combination of wood fiber and resin, with a thick, wood veneer. It is professional looking, and can be used in any room in your home. It is also small enough to be used in a dorm room, making this a great gaming desk for college students. Assembly may look overwhelming due to a number of parts, but once you get into it, you will find that it is quite simple. The instructions are easy to read, and all of the parts you need are included in the box. One feature that this desk has is a finished back. Many other desks do not, because it is not usually visible. Because the back is finished, this gaming desk even looks great if it is not placed against a wall.
For the price, you will be hard-pressed to find a better computer gaming desk. There is plenty of surface space for monitors of any size, or you can use two small monitors for better visuals in your games. It measures 30”H X 48”W X 24”D, and is sturdy enough to last for many years without even so much as a screw coming loose.
3. ApexDesk Electric Height Adjustable Standing Desk
Studies have shown that spending many hours sitting at a desk can cause several health problems, including neck and back pain, carpal tunnel syndrome, and vision issues. It is now being recommended that if you are going to be doing a lot of gaming that you get a computer gaming desk that allows you to stand while playing. But, you likely aren’t going to want to stand for hours on end either, so you need a desk that will give you the best of both worlds. The ApexDesk Electric Height Adjustable Standing Desk is just what you need because you can easily raise or lower it to meet your needs.
The height of this computer gaming desk can be adjusted from 24 to 50 inches, and it only takes 1.3 seconds to adjust. This means that you won’t have to interrupt your gaming to change positions. There is a 235-pound load capacity, so you can easily use monitors of any size, or even multiple monitors. This gaming desk has three-stage dual motors, and there is a two-button controller to raise and lower the desk. The frame is made of metal, and the desktop surface is made of MDF core with a laminate that is scratch-resistant.
There are several benefits to using this type of gaming desk in addition to the health benefits. First, it is one of the most stable desks that you can find, with an underframe that is made with a one-piece center beam to give it even more stability. There is no crossbar, so you don’t have to worry about not having enough legroom when it is lowered for you to be in a sitting position. Because there aren’t a lot of pieces, this is a gaming desk that is easy to assemble, and you can easily have it put together in less than an hour. Many similar desks operate using hydraulics, and can actually cost more than this gaming desk, which you will find for less than $600.
4. Z-Line Claremont Desk
Another great computer gaming desk that is simplistic in design but huge on functionality is the Z-Line Claremont Desk. It is a modern looking piece of furniture, but at the same time the mocha finish makes it look great with any type of décor. It is small enough to fit into any room, but it is large enough to accommodate all of your gaming needs. There is a slide-out keyboard tray that is large enough to also hold your mouse, and the six-millimeter tempered glass surface is sturdy enough for monitors of any size. If you enjoy multiple monitor gaming, you will find that there is plenty of space for two monitors.
Many people complain about desks not having enough leg room. This makes sitting for long periods of time difficult, and you will not be able to play comfortably for very long. There is plenty of legroom beneath this computer gaming desk, and if you don’t use the keyboard tray, there is even more legroom available. The construction is solid, and if you bump into it, you don’t have to worry about this gaming desk moving at all. This is also a great looking gaming desk that will look great no matter what room you are using it in.
The curved legs may make this piece look intricate, but it is actually very easy to assemble. The instructions are easy to read, and all parts and hardware pieces are labeled to correspond with the instructions. All of the hardware needed is included, and you even get all of the tools, so you don’t have to go out and buy any special wrenches or other tools. You can have this computer gaming desk set up in less than an hour if you put your mind to it. If you are looking for a sturdy gaming desk that looks great but won’t bust your budget, this is a great option. Priced at less than $125, you likely won’t find a better desk at a better price.
Top 4 L-Shaped Computer Gaming Desk Reviews
1. Walker Edison 3-Piece Contemporary Desk
When you want a great computer gaming desk, but you don’t want a traditional, boring desk made from wood, the Walker Edison 3-Piece Contemporary Desk is a great option to check out. It is modern in appearance, made of glass and metal, and will fit in with any type of modern décor. The tempered glass surface is polished and beveled, and the sturdy steel frame has a powder-coat finish. Features include a slide-out keyboard/mouse tray, as well as a CPU stand. This computer gaming desk is ready-to-assemble, and you only need a few simple tools to put it together.
One thing you won’t find on this desk is a lot of drawers that you don’t need, and there are no extra shelves. This is a simple design that has plenty of space for all of your gaming needs, and then some. It is an L-shape, so it can easily fit into a corner and not take up too much floor space, making it ideal for dorm rooms and other small spaces. The CPU stand is in the corner and out of the way, but still easy to access whenever you need to. Or, it can be left out completely if you are using a laptop because it is separate from the desk itself.
One of the really neat things about this desk is the way it is assembled. You can easily turn it into two separate desks if you want, so you can use it alone or play with a gaming buddy and have plenty of space for both of you. The keyboard tray can be installed to either side because both sides are identical. One of the best things about this computer gaming desk is the price. At just around $100, you will be hard-pressed to find a better deal on such a high-quality piece of furniture. Assembly is easy, and included are step-by-step instructions that are easy to read.
2. Z-Line Belaire Glass L-Shaped Computer Desk
Another great option for a glass, L-shaped computer gaming desk is the Z-Line Belaire Glass L-Shaped Computer Desk. When you don’t have a lot of space, a corner desk is ideal, and this computer gaming desk has plenty of space for all of your gaming needs. The frame is sturdy, made of metal with reinforced plates on the welded joints. The finish is a black powder coat, so this desk will go with any color scheme in your home. Because you can set it up in various ways, this gaming desk is ideal for small spaces, such as dorm rooms or small bedrooms.
The shelves and slide-out keyboard tray are made of clear, five to six-millimeter tempered glass. This means that they are more than sturdy enough to accommodate a monitor of any size, or even multiple monitors. According to the safety sticker, there is a 50-pound weight limit. You can even use this gaming desk as a television stand. In fact, you may want to use your larger television screen as your gaming monitor. The slide-out glass keyboard tray measures 26.5”X11.75”, including the rails, and can accommodate both a keyboard and a mouse.
Something that many people really like about this computer gaming desk is that it is so adaptable. Many desks only allow one configuration, so if you are left-handed, you must look for a desk that accommodates your needs. This desk can be changed around, so you can have the shelf and keyboard tray on whichever side suits you best. The shelf and keyboard tray can even be placed on the same side so you can have everything within easy reach. You also have the option to leave the shelf off entirely. This is a computer gaming desk that is completely customizable, so you can set it up just the way you want it for the ultimate gaming experience.
3. Whalen Furniture JCS11065-D Newport Wood/Glass L-Shaped Desk
Here is a computer desk that gives you the look of wood, metal, and glass, all in one piece of furniture. The Whalen Furniture JCS11065-D Newport Wood/Glass L-Shaped Desk is small in stature, so it will fit into any space, even a dorm room. But, it has plenty of space for all of your gaming needs. If you like furniture with contemporary styling, this is an option that you definitely should consider checking out. This gaming desk has curved legs made of solid wood, a sturdy steel frame, and a tempered glass surface. Chrome accents give it an even more modern appearance, making it as much a statement piece as a functional computer gaming desk.
Many customers like the fact that this computer gaming desk is easy to assemble. Not only that, you don’t even need to buy any special tools. Once assembled, you will have an L-shaped gaming desk that is sturdy enough for any size monitor, and that will even accommodate multiple monitors for better gaming views. Your PCU can easily be stored underneath in the corner so it is out of the way. Because of the open concept design, there is plenty of room for cable management. The glass is heavy and durable, and the frame is just as durable, making this a solid piece of furniture that is perfect for any room in your home.
When you think of a quality piece of furniture such as this, you tend to think about high prices. This computer gaming desk is actually quite affordable at less than $190. Assembly is simple, with clear, easy to understand instructions. An added bonus for assembly is that all parts and each piece of hardware is clearly labeled, corresponding with the diagrams in the instructions. If you are looking for a reasonably priced computer gaming desk that looks great, is easy to assemble, and will accommodate all of your gaming needs, this may just be the desk for you.
4. Techni Mobili Hip Black Glass Corner Computer Desk
When you are looking for an ultra-modern computer gaming desk, the Techni Mobili Hip Black Glass Corner Computer Desk is a great option. It has all the space you need for all of your gaming gear but is small enough to fit into a corner and in any room, even a small dorm room or bedroom. But, it is also great looking enough that it can be used in the living room, family room, etc. and match any décor. The L-shaped design allows for multiple monitor gaming, and there is a slide-out tray for your keyboard and mouse. The corner section underneath offers plenty of space to store your computer tower and keep it out of the way.
If you want a gaming desk that is completely customizable to your needs, this is definitely a great option to consider. It can be assembled so the short side is either on the left or the right, which makes it great when you have to put one side against a short wall (such as one with a door). The steel frame is chromed for a sleek appearance, and the top is made of sturdy, eight-millimeter tempered glass that is strong enough to accommodate monitors or any size, or multiple monitors with a 110-pound weight capacity. The glass is black in color, adding to the modern appearance.
This is a computer gaming desk that is ready to assemble when it arrives at your door. Assembly is fairly simple, and the instructions are easy to follow. When assembled, it is tall enough to accommodate most office chairs, with a space of approximately 30 inches beneath the surface. If you are looking for a computer desk that is simple in design, large enough for all of your gaming gear, but small enough to fit into any room, this is an option that is worth considering.
Top 4 Compact Computer Gaming Desk Reviews
1. Mainstays Corner L-Shaped Office Desk with Hutch
Sometimes, you want a gaming desk that has the appearance of a professional office desk, especially if you are using it in a home office. This is when you need to check out the Mainstays Corner L-Shaped Office Desk with Hutch. This gaming desk offers plenty of room for a 27” monitor, and there is even space on the side section for a second monitor so you can enjoy multi-monitor gaming. It is available in two attractive finishes, black and cherry, and it will look great in any room in your home. This is more than a computer gaming desk. It is a statement piece that you will enjoy having in your home for many years to come.
One thing that a lot of people complain about when it comes to computer gaming desks is that they don’t have a lot of storage space. This is not the case with this gaming desk. In addition to having a slide-out keyboard tray that is out of the way, there is also the side section of the desk, as well as the hutch section. The hutch has two open shelves, as well as storage space with a door to keep things hidden and neat looking. Of course, the top of the hutch is also great for even more storage. The L-shaped design allows you to keep the desk in a corner so it is out of the way while still having all of your gaming gear easily accessible.
This is a ready-to-assemble piece, but the included instructions are easy to understand. You should be able to set this desk up without any help in a couple of hours or less. There are holes for cable management, and plenty of space in the underneath corner to keep your PC tower accessible but out of the way. At a cost of less than $125, this is a great deal on a quality computer gaming desk that will meet all of your gaming needs.
2. Sauder Orchard Hills Computer Desk with Hutch
Not everyone likes a gaming desk that looks like a desk. The want something that will fit in with their décor, and look like an attractive piece of furniture. That is exactly what you will get with the Sauder Orchard Hills Computer Desk with Hutch. The finish has a warm oak appearance, and the moldings are detailed and attractive. This is a gaming desk that is going to look great in any room in your home, even the living room. Not only does it look great, it has everything you need to accommodate all of your gaming needs.
You can use a larger monitor with this gaming desk (the space is 27” X 25”), and there is also room for speakers. You don’t need any special tools for assembly. All you need is a hammer and a screwdriver. Everything else you need, even the hardware, is all included, and there are also instructions that are easy to read and understand. The unit is made of particle board with a durable veneer finish that will not scratch or mark easily. Priced at less than $170, this is a great bargain, and a sturdy piece of furniture that you will enjoy using for many years.
This is a gaming desk that you can easily customize to meet your particular needs. For instance, if you don’t want to use the hutch, you can leave it off. The holes will still be there, but you can easily cover them or even fill them in with a bit of wood putty. With the hutch, you can enjoy plenty of storage space for all of your gaming gear, and there are three adjustable shelves. The desktop surface has a slide-out keyboard tray with metal runners and safety stops. There is a cabinet for your PC tower, which will keep it out of the way and free of dust.
3. Sauder Beginnings Corner Desk
If simplistic is more your style, and you don’t need a lot of additional storage space, you may be interested in learning more about the Sauder Beginnings Corner Desk. This computer gaming desk with a cherry finish has plenty of space for all of your gaming needs, but it isn’t going to take up much space or look too busy, no matter what room you are using it in. This corner desk is an interesting shape because it doesn’t actually fit right into a corner. There will be a foot or so of space between the back of the desk and the corner of the walls, so you can easily get behind the monitor when necessary. Despite its appearance, it actually takes up less space than other corner gaming desks.
One of the interest things about the design of this computer gaming desk is that there is no back on the center section. This means that cable management is going to be simple, because there are no holes to try and get the cables through. Everything will hang neatly down the back, and since there is the space between the back and the wall, the cables won’t be crowded together or pressed and bent. There is plenty of space on the surface for any size monitor, and you can even use two smaller monitors for multi-monitor gaming. Each side section has adjustable shelves, so there is plenty of storage space for your gaming gear.
Assembling this gaming desk is easy, and you only need a hammer and a Phillips screwdriver to put it together. There are only 15 pieces all together, making it easy to disassemble and pack up if you are moving. All of the necessary hardware is included in the packaging. The instructions are easy to read, and you should have no problem assembling your new computer gaming desk in a couple of hours or less. This is a great deal, priced at less than $70.
4. Arch Tower Computer Desk
When you want a computer gaming desk that is modern in appearance, has enough space for all of your gaming gear, and doesn’t take up a lot of space in a room, a great option is the Arch Tower Computer Desk in silver and black. This is almost a hutch-style gaming desk, but is much more modern looking and doesn’t have any doors. In addition to the main work surface, which measures 47.25”W X 25”D, there are also two upper shelves and one lower shelf for plenty of storage space. There is also a slide-out keyboard tray that is large enough to accommodate both your keyboard and mouse.
This computer gaming desk is a tower station that has speaker stands, and even storage space beneath the speaker stands that hold three CD’s each, so you have extra room for your games. The rear panels are made of metal and wood, and there are levelers to provide plenty of stability. If you are worried about a tall unit falling over, this will alleviate those worries. It is even stable when sitting on a carpet. The overall dimensions of the unit when assembled are 47.25”W X 25”D X 74”H. In addition to the silver and black finish, this gaming desk is also available in pewter/teak, and black/cherry finishes.
You will only need a Phillip’s screwdriver and an Allen wrench to assemble this unit, and it can be assembled in just a few hours. When assembled, this computer gaming desk is small enough to easily fit into a bedroom or a small dorm room, making it an ideal student desk for gaming, studying, and more. Because it is a corner unit, it will be out of the way while still being convenient for all of your gaming needs. At less than $110, you will be getting a quality computer gaming desk that is durable and has plenty of space.